Sunday, January 06, 2008


My Poppa

A few hours after we got back to Texas my sweet poppa past away. I have to admit that I have some mixed emotions about his pasting--Why?


My heart is sad for my Moppie who has just lost the love of her life. On December 26 they celebrated their 65 wedding anniversary. 65 years amazing. I am also sad for my mother and Aunt who lost their first love and their hero.


BUT


I am so happy and overjoyed for where he is now. In my mind he has his young football playing body back. No more stiff knees and he is able to walk again. I can picture what he is doing in heaven right now. First he shook had with his maker and thanked him for all that he has done. Next he gives his son ( Carl) and grandson (Rusty) big hugs. My Poppa plays a little football with his Clemson buddies that have gone before him. And finally I think he has found a fishing pole and is fishing with his son and waiting for the rest of us


I will always remember the fun times I had as a child with my Poppa, going to the lake house, and dancing with him at my wedding. I will never forgot the way he answered the phone and how it sometimes would scare me and I would hang up and call back. I will remember the last time I saw him-Chirstmas day- He was awake and he knew who I was. He was able to interact with the kids.


We love you and will miss you Poppa--


Enjoy Heaven

http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=8517

9 comments:

Jessica said...

So sorry to hear about his passing, Laura. Thinking about you.

Kimberly said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am glad you were home to see him during Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, but I am glad that you and your family can realize how happy and healthy he must be now, in heaven.

Rachael said...

Laura-
so sorry about your grandfather- it is so hard losing a grandparent. Glad you and the kids spent time with him so recently, what a blessing.

Wendi said...

Your Poppa and my Papa can play some football together! I am sure they would love each other!!! This December is three years since my Papa and I know they are having the time of their life!
Love you!

mimi said...

Yes, he loved his precious Laura even if he gave you life lessons to follow---and you did. He loved his Clemson Tigers and he love telling you all about the 1940Cotton bowl game against Boston College. Clemson will always rule with Poppa---sorry Josh.
You are so right he was and will always be my first love and always my Hero--- I was his "baby girl". He was a Man among Men,a great father and a wonderful grandfather.Thank you, Jessica for your tender love to Poppa on Thursday---it was so beautifully amazing and so angelic --he knew you were loving him.
I love you all, MIMI

ED M said...

Laura,

Tiff and I are truly sorry to hear of your families loss, we will keep you guys in our prayers through this tough time.

Take Care,
Ed

The Wolfe Family said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather, Laura. But how great that you all were able to see him at Christmas one last time. Thinking of you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Laura,
You couldn’t have put it any better, we have lost a good one. I see Pop, Rusty and Dad on that old fishing boat on Center Hill just having a big time.

I just wanted to chime in and tell you how good it was to get to see you this week. I hope next time it will be under better circumstances.

All our love,
Joscelyn and Rob