Saturday, August 02, 2008

Josh is in D.C and he went to the World War II Memorial and found my Poppa name. He took a picture with his camera phone. I thought it was cool and wanted to share it.

3 comments:

Aunt Joan said...

That gives me goosebumps. Out of what I assume are thousands of names.

I don't know how names make it on to the monument. I wonder - did he look for Uncle Wayne or Uncle Neal?

mimi said...

Josh thank you so much---- that is so awesome. I definitely want to go look at it, too. Daddy loved the Army and his Clemson Tigers. He would be so proud. The classmate that submitted daddy also served very near daddy in Burma--they didn't have any idea they were in the same area until they returned to the States. Thank you again Josh.
Love Mimi

Kimberly said...

Pete did the same thing for my grandpa- it is so neat to see.
I am glad Pete and Josh had a nice weekend away!