Early Monday Morning Conversation
6:10 am-- The kids alarm clock goes off( this momma is waiting outside the door) a few seconds go by
Johnathan: "The alarm- it is school day Goody"
Momma: Her heart is happy because he is happy
Johnathan" Jessica get up, get up, I am in Kindergarten today"
Jessica: "Go away I am still sleeping"
Johnathan: No Jessica get up, it is school day today. You are in Pre-k
Jessica: "OK Johnathan I will get up."
Johnathan: "Are you excited Jess? It is school day today. I am in Kindergarten today"
Jessica: "I am alittle excited but not all the way"
Johnathan: "It will be ok, remember when I was in Pre-K I had lots of fun and so will you"
Yes, today was the first day of school for both my babies. Both will be full time at our elementary school. They were very excited as it got closer to go and this momma got a little more sad. It should be easier to send Johnathan to school this year because he was in pre-k last year but it is still hard. I have a child in Kindergarten. He is almost 6. It still feels like yesterday I was holding my little 5 pound bundle of screaming joy. And now he is in Kindergarten. He loves school, and I am excited for him. I know he will have to grow up, and he will learn more wonderful thing everyday, but I am still sad.
As for Jessica, I thought I was ready to send my very young 4 year old to "big" school until I read a friend's blog about sending her daughter to kindergarten. It was then that I got upset and scared I was sending her to soon. Thankfully her teacher, Mrs. Jackson, is wonderful and told me that Jessica is ready for this and she will be fine.
SO Josh and I walked our babies into school this morning. I am so thankful he was here this year to do that. And we walked out with a few tears in our eyes but we know that both the teachers are wonderful and they both love the Lord so we left our babies in wonderful loving hands!!!!!
My BIG Kindergartner Johnathan's seat. He sits right across from his friend, Abigail
Mrs Jackson and Jessica.
Mrs.Jackson is stuck with us for another year!!!
9 comments:
Such great pictures from the first day of school! Love the family shot.
How sweet... When we got there Jonathan said, I thought Abigail was going to sit next to me. Her seat was across from his!! So, glad they are in class together!
It is so hard to believe we are in KGT and Pre-K. THey both look so precious. Love their morning conversation--love the big brother love and concern--such a wonderful brother. Jessica will love it too--she loves people too much.
Hugs and kisses to all,
Mimi
They are so cute! Drew started Kindergarten today also. It is such a big step. Hope they both had a great day!
Miss you!!!
Jessica did an absolutely perfect job today in Pre-K! She is a joy to have, but you'll have to ask her who ate her cheese!!
Jessica who ate your cheese????
I love you Mimi
What a wonderful story to begin this teacher's day! I am so thrilled that Johnathan was so excited to go to school - what a fabulous beginning for him! And Jessica too! I couldn't help but notice that she, of course, had on the perfect 1st day of school dress - courtesy of Mimi, I presume?
Hug the not-so-much-babies for me and tell them how proud I am of them for loving school!
I love the conversation, too cute!!
Seems like we were just eating frozen yogurt on night shift and now they are both in all day kindergarten. Amazing!
Post a Comment