Saturday, April 25, 2009


The Promotion Ceremony
Yesterday at 4pm Josh was promoted to Major. The ceremony started with the SJA. He spoke about Josh and all his accomplishments in his 11 years in the army. It is a amazing feeling as a wife to hear your husband's boss brag about your husband. After Colonel Miller spoke, the promotion orders were read an we pinned on his new rank. Then Josh spoke briefly. He even surprised me with roses--thanking him for supporting him. After that it was time for cake!!!!

I am so proud of you, Josh. You work so hard at what you do. You were an amazing Field Artillery officer, and now an confident, powerful attorney serving your country. This promotion is long overdue if you ask me. Once again- I am so proud of you and lucky to be your wife!!!!



Col Miller making his speech before the promotion orders are read





Listening to Col Miller brag about Josh



Col Miller and I pinning the Major rank on!!!

Col Miller and Josh with promotion certificate
After the ceremony, Josh wanted to include the kids. He had them put his new shoulder boards onI also wanted to mention that we used my Grandfather's(Poppa's) Major leafs for the ceremony. After Poppa pasted away, my grandmother gave Josh a box of Poppa's old rank and army pins. My Poppa served in WWII and was promoted to Major while he was in Burma.






4 comments:

mimi said...

WOw --what a great day!! WE too are so proud of Josh and you.
Wish we could have been there.
Poppa would be so proud and so pleased.
Congratulations--Major Berry!!!

Jessica said...

YAY! Congrats, Josh! It's long overdue.

ED M said...

Major Berry Congradulations, we agree with your wife, the promotion has been a long time overdue!!! Tiff and I are proud of all your accomplishments and wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys. Hope you had a heck of a party!

Amy Green said...

That is so great! Tell Josh I said congrats. I know your heart must be swelled with pride for him!