Eli's allergic reaction....
Eli Started antibiotics on April 20 for a cold/ sinus infection. After about 6 days, I noticed a rash. So I watched it for a few days then took him in because it was even on the soles of his feet and he was miserable. I was 99.9% sure that it was an allergic reaction to the penicillin he was on. But wanted to make sure just in case...didn't want it to be some weird viral rash and expose other children to it.
Eli Started antibiotics on April 20 for a cold/ sinus infection. After about 6 days, I noticed a rash. So I watched it for a few days then took him in because it was even on the soles of his feet and he was miserable. I was 99.9% sure that it was an allergic reaction to the penicillin he was on. But wanted to make sure just in case...didn't want it to be some weird viral rash and expose other children to it.
I was right, allergic reaction. But the Dr. was not happy that he still had some symptoms of the sinus infection, so they put him on Omncef. He got his first dose of that yesterday at 930 am. By 2 pm he was covered in Large hive like whelps. It was totally different than the first rash. I took some pictures mostly for my parents to see....
3 comments:
Wow--that's a RASH!! Daddy is right stop the new meds. Is he miserable? Bless his little heart. Wish I was there to hold him and give you alittle break.
Oh my goodness!!! POOR GUY!!
Poor little fella. I'm just catching up with all the news. What enormous eyes Eli has!
Post a Comment