It is June 25-- Why do I feel like today is something important?
As the post below says it is the kick off to VBS. But all day long I felt like I was forgetting something. I looked at my calender--No one's birthday day. Good I didn't forget anyone.
But what is so important about today. It hits me this evening. 9 years ago today I met my knight in shining armor. It was a Thursday. He was in my home town for a wedding of a USMA classmate- Tim. I was the maid of honor because Tim was marrying my sister. On that Thursday there was a party at a restaurant, Jonathan (gotta love that name). I have to admit I didn't want to go. But I had too. We were introducted and started talking. We hung out the whole evening and the rest of the weekend. I thought he was one hot West Point grad!!!!
I went looking for a picture of the night we met. I didn't find one but I found this one from the wedding-- It is bad but it made me laugh- Man my face was fat!!!!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yeah, Knight in Shining Armor! I had been wondering when the anniversary of when we met was. I am glad YOU remembered, but at least I knew it was soon! I think the people who know us best (and knew us then) can attest to how completely hooked we were. Did you ever think that 9 years later, you would have two children, live in TX (again), drive a mini-van, AND be a VBS director?! I thought you looked great (obviously), but you look even better today! I love you!
Thanks babe for the kind words. Seeing the picture was a reminder to be that I have come along way since then.
You guys are TOO cute!
Hi Laura, I'm a friend of Kimberly and my husband Brad went to school with Josh. We were at Tim and Kerry's wedding and I remember how cute you two were. What a great story you have! I love looking at your blog - your kids are adorable. One day when we are in Killeen visiting Brad's family we will have to get together so the kids can all play. I know Brad tries to see Nathan and Justin when we are there and it just never works out so we will just wait until Josh is home safe! Please know that Josh and your family is our prayers - and tell him that Brad says hello!
Oh yeah, our blog is http://prughcrew.blogspot.com/
Shana & Brad Prugh
You guys look so cute!
Post a Comment