Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving
I am going to use this day to tell the world what I am thankful for. I am not a wonderful writer and I struggle to get my point across so bear with me.
This time last year Josh was about to leave on his trip. My heart was sad and slightly scared at what was to come of a year deployment. Debbie and Erin were here and we ate turkey and enjoyed each others company. They left after the weekend with some tears because they also had to give Josh a hug and say "See you soon Son"

Well here we are and he is still gone (like many husband and fathers) and I can say I made the year. We may have three more months but we made it to one year. BUt the kids and I are ready for him to come home

So in this time of Thanksgiving I want to tell you what I am thankful for.
First I am thankful for God and his son Jesus, without them I would not have anything else to be thankful for. My Husband- Josh is my other half. Not much more to say- He is my love. Then there is Johnathan and Jessica. I am one lucky person because God gave them to me. They make me want to be a better person. My family( both side- mine and Josh's). I am so thankful for the support and love you show us.
The one I just mentioned know how much I am thankful for them and they know that I love them.
But I am also thankful for a group of people that live near me. This women have made this deployment possible. From day one you were there. And your friendship has been there ever since. I thank God everyday for placing us here. He knew that I need you all to make it through this. He knew that my children would need your children. Words can't express how thankful I am for you.
Okay so I am done here. I hope you get the point. I am blessed beyond measure. Happy Thanksgiving.
Lets go eat some Turkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You have handled Josh's trip with great courage and strength, and we can all learn something from that. I know it's been a long year for you and it's been a joy to be near you during this time. You are amazing. May God continue to bless you, your family, and our friendship. Love you. See ya later for some turkey!!!!! :)

mimi said...

I am so very thankful for you, Josh, Johnathan and Jessica---you are the world to us. We love you with all our hearts.

Love DOC and MIMI