A Raisin in the Sun
No a Raisin in the nose. Yes my friends somewhere between Wolfs Ranch shopping center and loop 121 Jessica stuck some Raisins up her right nostril. Since I was driving I didn't see her do this but as we were turning into the Walmart parking lot she told me her nose hurt. I told her to stop picking it. She told me she couldn't because there was a raisin in it. WHAT
So after using my best nursing judgment, I decide that yes there was a raisin up the nose.
So I call my Doctor and she told me to head over. Thankfully she is across from Walmart. On the way into the office Jessica says- I changed my mind there is not a raisin in my nose.
After a quick look, the dr agrees that it is a raisin.
OK so this is getting alittle long so let me get to the end. After about 1 hour, some screaming, major head turning, three people holding her down and lots of wall suction the Raisin is gone. Not sure where it is but it is not in her nose. Thank you Dr. S.
Fun times.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Laura, I had to laugh, but I know holding her down and working for an hour to get it out was not pleasant. Hopefully she won't do that again :)
Silly Jessica! You crack me up.
I am not sure why children think it might be a good idea to stick something up their nose. What are they thinking, or not thinking? Kathryn did that once with a pebble. I ended up talking her through blowing it out on our way to the dr office. So ours wasn't quite as exciting as yours!
Takes me back to when you put a popcorn kernel up your nose.Not wanting to tell us we found you trying to get it out with a fork!!!!! Off to the doctor you went!!! Your daddy said he was really bad about putting beans in his nose when he was a little boy. Must be inherited from the Lovelace side!!!!!
So sorry she had to be held down--hope she will remember that and never do it again.
Post a Comment