Tuesday, May 27, 2008



I lost a tooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No not one of the kids, me!!!! Let me dive in to this story with some background. When I was 16 I passed out in class. I hit face first, busting my lip and causing my two front right teeth to be pushed up into the gum line. Both teeth needed root canals. As I have gotten older these teeth have gotten more thin and chip easily. In fall of 2005 I had porcelain crowns placed on all four of my front teeth.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!




SO that leads us to last night. Josh had made some yummy chicken fajitas. I took a bit of my soft tortillas and hear a crunch. My tooth broke completely off! Josh was speechless and the kids were amazed.(Jessica wanted to know how much I was going to get from the toothfairy) I was in tears. Of course this would happen the evening that I am scheduled to work a night shift. I don't think I said three words all night. I was too embarrassed to let anyone see my missing tooth.



Last night before work--
Thankfully the dentist was able to save the crown and replace my tooth!
24 hour later I am all smiles with all my teeth!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

ED M said...

You guys did live in Grove Tucky for quite some time! That is a good look!

Glad things worked well and you got your tooth fixed.

Rachael said...

having damage to your front teeth is the worst. I chipped half my front tooth when I was a kid and have had to deal with it ever since.

The Wolfe Family said...

I will have to say the first picture did make me laugh a little:) Glad you were able to get it fixed though!!

Kimberly said...

Wow Girl! First a broken toe and now a missing tooth! You have a pretty eventful life!
And your hair looks great! I don't think I have ever seen it so long. It also looks great short. I was looking at some old pictures recently (my favorite part of unpacking) of all of us at an Army TCU game. And I was thinking how cute your hair was and I wish I could wear my hair that short.

mimi said...

Must admit since the day your were born there has never been a dull moment and that is still true!!!!
Glad your are not "snaggle toothed anymore"!!! You are really cute for a toothless girl---looks like the dentist did a good job. Your hair looks great--can't believe how long it has gotten.
Please tell Jessica, I loved her hand stand. Johnathan looks so grown up with his Pre-K friends.
Love you all tons,
Mimi

Kerry said...

Fixing teeth is $$$$$. Thanks for the laugh but I am glad it is fixed...otherwise it would be no laughing matter.