Sunday, June 01, 2008

Landscaping...

Okay, so I am posting this for Laura. One of my favorite things to do is work outside. Unfortunately, for the last 6 weeks I have been recovering from knee surgery, so I haven't been able to do much. Laura has been stuck being Mrs. Dad inside and outside. Of course, when she gets to cut the grass, our self-propelled mower stops self propelling, which makes the work twice as tough! Going along with our usual method of doing things the hard way, I had our last bit of stonework put in the backyard recently. Luckily our neighbors all know I am handicapped, otherwise they would wonder why Laura was hauling plants, mulch, etc. by herself to the backyard. I did what I could, but it was a team effort to stain the deck and plant our newest (and last) landscaping project (although I did all the mulching after Laura carried all the bags out back). Anyway, my parents (where I get my landscaping genes/sickness from) would want to see the finished product. Now, we finally get to enjoy the 100 degree Texas heat!



New Car...

In other news, we bought a new car last week. After 11 years, the Maxima was reaching the point where repairing it was becoming costly. As Josh says, he got what he needed instead of what he wanted (a truck or SUV). No, it is not a clown car although everyone keeps telling him it is cute! So far, he is loving his Nissan Versa. We'll love it too when it is time to fill 'er up!




3 comments:

mimi said...

Your new landscaping project looks awesome---way to go Laura and Josh.I love it. The car is really nice too---it is "cute" and anything that helps at the gas pump is definitely a plus these days.
Love ya
Mimi

The Wolfe Family said...

The new project looks great!!!

ED M said...

Back yard looks incredible! Looks like you guys put quite a bit of effort into it.

Love the new car, it is hard being responsible and buying the sensible car!