Wednesday, September 17, 2008




9 years




Today is our 9 year wedding anniversary. It has been a wonderful 9 years. Lot of fun, happiness and laughter. I could list 9 reasons I love Josh but I listed 8 reasons last year. So, I though I would take a trip down memory lane and list 9 of my favorite events. Don't get me wrong I have more than 9 things that have been wonderful.

Here are 9 of my favorite things Josh and I have done together in the past 9 years




1. It is a tie between November 14, 2002 and June 22, 2004
Sadly we do not have a group shot of when Johnathan was born- I promise I was there!!!





2. Peter Island 2005. I had this Number one until I remembered the birth of our children. It was the most relaxing way to spend with each other. We left shortly after Josh finished taking the bar exam.


A quick picture during a sunset picnic



We stopped during a morning run to take a picture of us and the view!!!!




3. Josh homecoming from Iraq- Probably the most anticipated moment of our 9 years. We only waited 14 months for Dec 19 2007!!!!

4. Our 1st Ohio State football game- Nov 18 1999. IT WAS SO COLD THAT DAY




Little did we know then that our path would lead us to Columbus for three years. Oh the fun we had going to the games during Law school



5. Disney World Jan 2008. This the most recent. But probably we will never forget it. The excitement it gave the children was amazing. A cherish memory for us.





5 . West Point 5 year Reunion- It was so much fun to go back to West Point and spend the weekend with friends and listen to the boys remember the good times they had. Since we didn't date at West Point, it was nice to make a few memories of our own at West Point.


On the parade field- Dave and Betsy Malkin, us, and Kerry and Tim Slicker


The Berry Family at the game

Little did we know in the picture that is was actually the first family of four picture taken-we found out I was expecting the day after we got back from this trip






7. All holidays have been special. But Thanksgiving 2001 is one of the few we have spend away from our families. We lived in Lawton. OK and Josh REALLY wanted to make it special. I had to work a 12 hour shift that day. Josh decide to cook his first Thanksgiving meal. We invited the Moya's and John Sweeny to join in the fun. Josh call a few times during the day to tell me all about his cooking. The meal was fabulous and it was a wonderful time with friends. I am still amazing at how much food John ate that night.




8. Army/Navy Games are also a fond memory of mine. We went in 2004 and 2005. In 2005 we went to Princeton to visit the Malkins before heading down to Philly together. That Friday morning Josh and I go for a run together. It started out as a run through the campus and a stop at Panera for bagel- It then turn end into around a 9 mile journey because we got lost. The worst part about it was I was starving and Josh wanted to wait to eat our bagels when we got back to the Malkin's apartment.




9. One must not forget all of the crazy costumes parties we have been to. The pictures capture it all


The village people spelling YMCA backwards but you get the idea!!!!!



A 70's birthday party. I was VERY pregnant as this party. Notice the balloon sized face. Very hard to find a cute disc outfit when you are 81/2 months pregnant



Thank you for allowing me a trip down memory lane. It has been a wonderful 9 years. God has blessed us so much. This 9 events are just a tiny piece of the great things that we have done. I am looking forward to see what is store for us. I am sure there will be many more Army/Navy, reunions, Ohio state games, crazy costumes, and much more laughter, happiness and lots of love.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Since we never run into you when we are in Killeen - maybe we will see you in New York next month? I still think our kids need to meet - they would be great friends!

Jessica said...

Fabulous post!! Happy Anniversary!

Aunt Joan said...

The past two days I have kept thinking I was missing something - someone's birthday? Now I know! I really can't believe it's been 9 years! But looking at the bellringer's picture on the wall of my office and then looking at the almost 21 year-old he has become...I know that much time has past.
Congratulations to you both. You are magnificent people who have created two incredible children and an obviously happy family. Thank you for sharing the Top 9!
Happy Anniversary!

Kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary! We'll see you up here in a couple of weeks for another fun West Point reunion!

mimi said...

Happy Anniversary to a very special and dear couple. Like Aunt Joan it is so hard to believe it has been 9 years. THank you for sharing your favorites--you and Josh are an amazing couple and I just hope and pray the coming years will continue to bless you and keep you close. Thank you for blessing us with our precious Johnathan and Jessica.
We love you so much,
Mimi and Doc

The Wolfe Family said...

Happy Anniversary...a day late. Hope you guys had fun!!!