A Christmas List
Tidbits of Christmas information you may not know about me!!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both- whatever I can find
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I am allergic to pine
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after Christmas-
5. Do you like eggnog? NO
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I was blessed as a child and got way more that I should, but one of my favorite gifts/memories was the year I got the trampoline. IT was freezing (I think it iced that year) and my dad goes outside and says that a spaceship landed in the back yard. I was like “really?”(I am gullible). And there was the trampoline. I am not sure how I didn’t notice it in the back yard the day before. My cousins, sister, and I jumped on that trampoline for hours in the cold!!!
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? No but I would love the Willow tree set/or southern living at home
8. Hardest person to buy for?My parents
9. Easiest person to buy for? Jessica- she is 4 year old who knows what she wants
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? I don’t know-But I do think that the whoopee cushions that the kids got last year maybe the worst but most entertaining gift ever
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don’t know, and I have never seen Christmas Vacation
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid November but I am always still shopping until the end
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? I love all the cookies my mother-in-law bakes and my mother sausage pinwheels.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored lights
17. Favorite Christmas song? I love all the church Christmas song but Amy Grant’s song Tennessee Christmas reminds me of home
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We have always traveled but this year we are staying here in Texas.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes but I could not spell them all correctly
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up we had my Dad’s side of the family come over so we would open gifts then but now we just open one gift and it is PJ’s. This was a tradition that Josh always did as a child
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The most annoying thing for me is the yard art that has Santa(sometimes Mrs. Claus) peeking over the manger. Last time I checked Santa was not in the stable the night Jesus was born
23. What is the “silliest” family tradition you do, or miss doing? I loved how my parents would have to check to see if Santa came during the night. They would make us wait in the kitchen so they could check it out. They would drag this out and makes us wait. My mom would then tell us we come and look. As a child I was so amazed that Santa was so quiet that he didn’t wake my parents up when he came down the chimney
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Those electric blow up snow globes that are for the outside
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? Homey trees. We have all kinds of ornaments on the tree-from Radko to homemade by the kids
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Sugar Cookies to me, with lots of icing
27. Do you like Fruitcake? I don’t think I have ever eaten fruitcake
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I am allergic to pine
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after Christmas-
5. Do you like eggnog? NO
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I was blessed as a child and got way more that I should, but one of my favorite gifts/memories was the year I got the trampoline. IT was freezing (I think it iced that year) and my dad goes outside and says that a spaceship landed in the back yard. I was like “really?”(I am gullible). And there was the trampoline. I am not sure how I didn’t notice it in the back yard the day before. My cousins, sister, and I jumped on that trampoline for hours in the cold!!!
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? No but I would love the Willow tree set/or southern living at home
8. Hardest person to buy for?My parents
9. Easiest person to buy for? Jessica- she is 4 year old who knows what she wants
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? I don’t know-But I do think that the whoopee cushions that the kids got last year maybe the worst but most entertaining gift ever
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don’t know, and I have never seen Christmas Vacation
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid November but I am always still shopping until the end
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? I love all the cookies my mother-in-law bakes and my mother sausage pinwheels.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored lights
17. Favorite Christmas song? I love all the church Christmas song but Amy Grant’s song Tennessee Christmas reminds me of home
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We have always traveled but this year we are staying here in Texas.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes but I could not spell them all correctly
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up we had my Dad’s side of the family come over so we would open gifts then but now we just open one gift and it is PJ’s. This was a tradition that Josh always did as a child
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The most annoying thing for me is the yard art that has Santa(sometimes Mrs. Claus) peeking over the manger. Last time I checked Santa was not in the stable the night Jesus was born
23. What is the “silliest” family tradition you do, or miss doing? I loved how my parents would have to check to see if Santa came during the night. They would make us wait in the kitchen so they could check it out. They would drag this out and makes us wait. My mom would then tell us we come and look. As a child I was so amazed that Santa was so quiet that he didn’t wake my parents up when he came down the chimney
24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? Those electric blow up snow globes that are for the outside
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? Homey trees. We have all kinds of ornaments on the tree-from Radko to homemade by the kids
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? Sugar Cookies to me, with lots of icing
27. Do you like Fruitcake? I don’t think I have ever eaten fruitcake
I tag anyone who wants to do it.
2 comments:
These made me crack up! Love the Santa and the manger answer.
Having to wait on the Santa check was so very hard for you!!! I could always put you over the edge when I said I had to make coffee!!!
You forgot to mention how you loved having Santa call you every Christmas Eve...
I LOve you
Post a Comment