Almost a year ago...
On Dec 19 of last year, the kids and I welcomed Josh home from Iraq. I am amazed at how fast the time has gone. I think about the time he was deployed (13 months-we were one of the lucky ones) and I remember that time went fast as well. I remember the day he left, thinking "I can't do this, how am I going to get through without him"? It was one day at a time. Those days turned into weeks and the time flew by.
As an Army wife, I think the hardest thing to do is the last hug before they deploy, but the second hardest thing for me is when a friend has to do the same thing. It is a feeling that only a Soldier's wife has felt. Yesterday my sweet friend, Jessica had to do this. My heart was heavy all yesterday because I knew what she was going through. Her husband, Will, is an Army Chaplin; this is his calling and what a wonderful calling. He is an amazing witness for the Lord and his brigade is lucky to have him.
So to all my friends and family who prayed daily for Josh, I ask you to pray daily for Will and Jessica and their sweet children, Carlee Scott, Owen and Baby #3 on the way.
Will and Jessica
Will and Jessica
Dressed up like us on Halloween


3 comments:
You are too sweet. What a great post. Love you, friend!!!
You are a good friend! We are praying for them!!!
My heart has been so hearvy too for Jessica, Will, Carlee Scott and Owen. Such a precious family and what a a wonderful witness Will is for the Lord.
They are in my prayers and in my heart.
Love you all,
Mimi
Post a Comment