Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School
Today was great. The kids were very excited to go to school. I was more nervous than they were. I took the kids to school(the whole way there they begged to ride the bus) and walked them in. Here in Cville they pod the kindergarten and a first grade class. They are in the same pod(not my choice) Johnathan wanted to go in by himself so I let him. Jessica walked in, found her cubby and then her desk. The little girl, Reade, was already there in the desk beside Jessica. I gave her a kiss and said goodbye(I did tear up). I walked thought the classrooms and check on Johnathan. He was all smiles and settled in. As I was leaving, I looked one more time at Jessica and she was standing by the door with huge tears rolling down her face. Heartbreaking!!!
BUT.... she was all smiles at pick up. Both of them had a great day. They talked about their day all afternoon. Johnathan's top 3 from the day...recess, lunch line, and be the door holder. Jessica top 3...gingerbread man search, two new friends, and her 1st grade reading buddy.


All three of my students off to school.... on our back patio

At the door

Her new desk


Johnathan in his room


Jessica also had her first day of gymnastics. She loved it. She better. We waited for almost 2 hours to sign her up.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad they had a good first day of school...Collin did the gingerbread man hunt last year on the 1st day. We all miss the Berrys but glad you are settling in.

Wendi said...

Fun times! Preston had a gingerbread man search today too!

mimi said...

So thrilled to see such happy faces!!!
Go Greenbrier super students!!!!