Sunday, August 30, 2009


Trip to D.C.

Josh and I took the kids to D.C. yesterday. We didn't have a plan or itinerary. Just got in the car and off we went. We took the Metro in from Fairfax, VA. Of course we didn't know that that train line was under constructions so the commute in was alittle longer than expected(the ride back from the city was worse). But the kids thought it was fun to ride the train. We saw all the major D.C. sites. Johnathan had been talking about seeing the Big Abe and his chair since last year so he was excited to finally see that. It was hotter than we expected and we did LOTS of walking. The kids did great especially since they both have a cold.












I really liked the World War II Memorial. I thought it was a peaceful place to come and remember all those who served. I loved see all the older veterans there. People were so respectful to them.



The kids and I looked up Poppa's name on the computer system.




Stopping in front of the white house.

When asking the kids what the White house was Johnathan answers

"It is were Obama lives but I voted for the other guy"



We also stopped into the Space and Air Museum. J&J loved it and it was a break from the heat-(everyone else in D.C thought the same thing)




It was long, hot and fun day and by the time we got off the train we were all ready to be home. But as we were walking on the train platform, I somehow tripped Johnathan and he fell and bit all the way through his his bottom lip. Poor guy-it was pretty bad and it had to been painful. How he didn't lose some teeth in the fall is amazing. For a minute there, I thought we were going to have to go to the ER, but it finally stopped bleeding enough to get him to the car. I tried to take a picture of it but honestly the picture makes it look better than it actually is.



Here is a shot from Friday night's Blues reception...I don't think it is the greatest picture but it is the only one we took


5 comments:

mimi said...

Such an awesome day for you all--wonderful memories for Johnatahn and JEssica--probably he will only remember the lip accident but that is a memory. Seeing that you found daddy's name on the World War 11 brought tears to my eyes--thank you so much for making that a special thing for your children--they probaby won't remember it but you let them know about their great grandfather--and that he was a veteran of WW11. Thank you so much for showing them about their great grand day--he was truly a great man ...
He loved you so much, Laura...

mimi said...

Such a handsome couple--thanks for sharing the picture.

Kimberly said...

Laura- we should talk more! We were in DC this weekend too! We went to the Kenny Chesny concert with the Manternach's on Saturday and then went to DC to take in some sites. Sorry we missed y'all!

Rachael said...

#1-what a crazy hectic day, and especially being prego!
#2- glad J voted for the "other guy", LOL!
#3- you look super cute in that dress :)

The Wolfe Family said...

Very cute picture of the two of you, you look so pretty!